Physical Touch

It's not something you really think about unless you're single...nobody really ever touches you.  I think it becomes easy to take physical touch for granted when you have somebody in your life. But when you don't, days go by without anybody even hugging you. Before I got married, I wasn't super big on physical touch. I learned to be more that way in my marriage, but I almost feel like I taught my kids not to be very affectionate because it wasn't my primary love language. My kids are around daily. But we don't hug all that often. I don't like it. Sometimes I don't even think about the lack of physical touch I experience until I go get an innocent massage. Someone touching my arm makes me realize that nobody ever really does. It's another part of being that I don't really enjoy, I guess.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Will It Ever Be My Turn?

Tears in a Bottle