Singles Adopting




This doesn't really have anything to do with me. I already have 3 kids. But I've had this topic cross my path 3 times in the last week. Normally we think of married couples adopting. It is certainly ideal for a child to have a healthy mother and father. But I think that unmarried singles should absolutely feel free to adopt. If a person desires to have children, but isn't married, I think that loving a child who doesn't have a stable home is a wonderful and selfless thing to do.  Single parenting is harder than I ever thought it would be.  So if a single person is willing to provide a home for a child without the support of another parent, then I commend that person. Last week at church, there were some adoption stories and one was about a single woman adopting a little girl.  Then I saw a video about a woman who never married and wanted children. People told her that she shouldn't adopt because a child needs both parents. She believed that for a long time but then changed her mind. She took in a little girl that nobody wanted or would even lovingly care for in the orphanage because she had HIV. It was the most touching story. Then I saw a single friend on Facebook who just announced that she's adopting. I think this is wonderful. Why should children have no parent at all when they could have one loving one?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Will It Ever Be My Turn?

Tears in a Bottle

Physical Touch